.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Her eyes look so familiar. I've seen them somewhere. They are like milk chocolate; sweet and intoxicating. I can't bring myself to look away. All I can do is smile at the beautiful girl standing before me. She examines my face, which makes me nervous because I know I look ugly with those goddamn stitches above my eye and bruises all over my face. Right when I got here, Aunt Esme rushed me to the hospital. We thought I had some broken ribs, but I didn't. It was just some really bad bruising, a broken arm, and a pretty messed up face.

She just stands there with a curious look on her face, probably wondering why the hell I am answering the door or why I am even here in the first place. I run my fingers nervously through my hair and smile again at the girl.

I tell her that Emmett is on the phone and ask if she needs him.

"Who are you?" she asks, just as I expected. Then she shakes her head. "Nevermind. No, I'm actually with his sister, Alice."

I don't have time to respond because Alice comes up right behind me and tells the girl to come in. I step aside and make my way back to the living room with Jasper, who is playing cards. I want to ask him who that beautiful girl is but stop myself.

"So when is this bonfire, and do I really have to fucking go with you guys?" I ask Jasper right when Emmett comes into the room.

"That was Jake on the phone. It's at 8, and hell yes you have to go!" he shouts as he puts his hand down on my broken arm.

"Shit!" I exclaim. Emmett pulls his hand away and holds them both up, as if to surrender.

"Oh man, I am so sorry!" he says as he sits across from me and Jasper. I just flip him the bird because if I speak, I'm pretty sure I will end up crying in reaction to the pain I'm in. Emmett is silent for a couple minutes before he coughs loudly. He crosses his arms and sticks his chest out. I just stare at him. He looks ridiculous. He coughs again, then he continues.

"So Jazz, you going to ask my baby sister out tonight?" Emmett asks, trying to be all inferior and shit. Jasper sets his cards down on the coffee table, looks at Emmett, and laughs.

"One, you guys are twins, and I know she is 5 minutes older. Two, your younger than me, so you sticking out your chest like a gorilla is not going to scare me. Three, no I'm not. Tanya already asked me," he says as he reaches down for the cards again.

Emmett slowly lowers his arms and glares at Jasper.

"What the hell? Tanya, really? Why have you gone to the dark side?" Emmett yells as he slams his hand down on the cards, scattering them on the floor. I never understood why people play solitaire. It looks fucking pointless.

"What the hell, Emmett! I was winning!" Jasper yells.

Emmett stands up and begins to laugh.

"You were playing against yourself! That's not winning, dumb ass!" Emmett says as he starts running towards the backdoor, only to have Jasper tackle him to the ground. I can't help but laugh when Emmett screams "Uncle" while Jasper's tiny body is hovering over his.

I lift my feet to rest them on the coffee table and lay my head back. Gradually, I feel myself drift off to sleep.

"What do we do about the kid?" someone says. They are coming to get me, they are going to kill me like they did my mother, I think to myself.

"Did he see us?" one of them asked. I did see one of them but just his eyes. I couldn't make out the color though. They just looked black to me.

"No, he didn't. Just leave him. Let's go." That's when I heard sirens. I smiled, knowing that I was going to be safe.

"Fuck! Hurry! Let's go!" one of the men shouted. I crawl further under the table but knocked against a chair, which skidded across the wooden floor.

"Shit! The kid; just grab him, Alec!"

I quickly make my way out from under the table and run for the front door. I open it but am quickly yanked around to stare at the other, man who is not named Alec. His eyes were an icy blue, and he was tall and frail looking. He smiles at me. I know I'm gone; this is it. Until I heard a voice…a beautiful voice.

"Hey, wake up." I can feel tiny hands forcefully shake my legs. "Edward? You guys, he's not waking up," she says, I slowly open my eyes and am met by two beautiful chocolate covered orbs. My chocolate eyes. What am I saying? She looks at me and smiles. So beautiful.

"Are you okay? You were talking about the color blue," she tells me. Shit. I forgot I talk in my sleep.

I lean forward, taking my feet off of the coffee table, and stretching my arms out in front of me.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I'm okay," I say as I bring myself to sit more comfortably on the couch.

She stands there, staring at me with such concern in her eyes. I can hear Alice calling for her, but she doesn't move. We continue to stare at each other as silent emotions pass between us. I was about to say something when Alice called her again. Her evenly shaped lips curve into a delicate smile before she walks off, leaving me intoxicated by her presence.

"He's okay. Thanks for the help!" she says sarcastically to Jasper and Emmett, who are standing in the kitchen staring at me in confusion. She heads back upstairs where Alice is waiting and whispers something in her ear. They both stare at me, so I turn back around and notice it's now dark outside.

"Dude, what was that?" Emmett asks me as he comes into the living room with a sandwich in one hand and a bag of chips in the other. Jasper is still in the kitchen looking at me. He knows about my dreams, and he knows to never ask about them.

"It was nothing," I say as I get up from the couch to go outside for a smoke.

"This is so stupid," I mutter under my breath as I exit Emmett's jeep. Jasper puts his arm around my shoulders and walks with me to the driftwood down below where the music was playing and people were scattered around.

"God Edward, loosen up!" he yells in my ear. I flinch away because his voice is so damn loud.

I look around, hoping to catch a glimpse of the girl with the chocolate eyes. I found out earlier that her name is Bella, but as far as I'm concerned, she's my chocolate eyes. Instead of going with us or Alice to the bonfire, she got a ride from her boyfriend, Jake. Who I don't care too much for.

I saw chocolate eyes before we left; she was beautiful with her hair up and out of her eyes. Her shorts showed off her lean, smooth legs, and her tight grey sweater didn't look at all warm. I envisioned myself being that sweater, being the one to give her more warmth and comfort out here in the cold, wrapping myself around her petite body. I shake these visions from my thoughts. She wasn't mine; she was his. I walk down further to the bonfire and sit across from everyone else and stare directly into the fire, just praying that this will fucking end soon. I take my cigarettes out of the front pocket of my red flannel shirt and pull one out. I was about to light it when a girl with brown eyes came to sit by me; my chocolate eyes. I can feel her watching me, so I turn to gaze at her while sticking the tip of the cigarette in between my lips.

"You know you shouldn't smoke," she states with a smile. I can't help but return the smile and stare at her intently.

"You're right," I tell her as I stick the cigarette back in its box and into my pocket. My broken arm itches like hell, so I carefully try to scratch it without flinching.

"How did that happen?" she asks with sadness in her voice and points to my broken arm.

"I...uh...fell off my roof." I hate making up bullshit stories so people wouldn't know the real reason. "I was trying to take down the Christmas lights."

She looks at me skeptically. That was probably one of the stupidest lies I have ever come up with.

"You have Christmas lights up in August?" she questions.

"Ar...my dad, he never took them down, so I did," I answered while looking away from her. I really need that cigarette now. I saw her fingers twitch in her lap. Slowly, she brought them towards my broken arm but stopped when someone called her name.

"Bella! What the hell, babe!" It was her boyfriend. He walks over to us and grabs her by the arm. "I've been looking for you everywhere." He pulls her from her seat.

"I've been here the whole time because I saw you walk off with Jessica," she answers as she yanks her arm out of his hold and crosses her arms.

"That's fucking stupid!" he yells at her, which triggers three things inside of me; hate, jealousy, protectiveness.

I stand up and step in front of him, placing myself between him and chocolate eyes. I won't allow him to yell at her.

"Dude, just calm down," I tell him as I glare at him. "You can't just yell at a girl like that."

I can't believe he has no respect for this beautiful girl. I can feel chocolate eyes' hand on my shoulder. My thoughts are seized, and all I can focus on is her touch. Her tiny hand barely covers my wide shoulders, the softness of it is felt through my flannel shirt. It's comforting, warm and just...just right.

"It's okay, Edward," she tells me as she steps in front of me. "I need to go. I hope you feel better." She takes Jake's hand, and they walk off. Jake looks back at me with a sly smile.

God! I hate that motherfucker! What was chocolate eyes thinking? He's not good for her. She needs someone who will respect her. I run my hand through my hair and finally take a cigarette from the box and light it.



"You ready to go?" Emmett asks me. I must have been in a daze since everyone around me has vanished.

"What time is it?" I ask, trying to get my cell out of my pocket.

"It's almost 2 a.m." he says as he looks at his watch. I stretch my arms out in front of me and spot Jasper talking to Alice. I stand up to stretch some more when a scream comes from the parking lot above us.

"JAKE! PLEASE STOP!"

Shit! It's chocolate eyes. Emmett, Jasper, Alice and I look at each other and run towards the parking lot. I try to be quick as I can, but my fucked up body is making me slower. I hear her scream again, so I push myself harder, willing my legs to move faster. I end up making it there before them and spot my chocolate eyes.

Her tiny, frail body is up against a blue van. Her hair acts as a curtain around her face. Jake is unzipping her jacket with one hand, while the other is underneath her shirt. I take a closer look at her. She is crying, and her face was a little swollen.

That asshole! He hit her!

I know I can't fight him. I would get my ass kicked because of my broken arm. I look behind me and see Emmett and Jasper charge towards Jake. They grab him by his green hoodie and pull him to the ground. I immediately go to Bella. I gently clasp her face in between my hands, trying not to hurt her with my cast in the process. I spot a bruise on her right cheek, so I carefully run my fingers across it, attempting to soothe her. She looks up at me with tear filled eyes and slowly smiles at me. Her smile awakens something inside of me, something that I can't quite figure out. I feel overwhelmed with compassion. I scoop her up in my arms, ignoring the pain in my damaged limb, and take her to Alice's Porsche. Alice, who is also crying, opens the door for me, and I gently put Bella in.

"You're safe now, chocolate eyes," I whisper to her. I shut the door and look at Alice.

"You ok?" I ask her, because I don't want her driving all upset. She nods her head, and I walk to meet up with Emmett and Jasper.

Jake isn't on the ground anymore. He is standing in front of Emmett, yelling at him. Adrenaline is coursing through my body, and I can't stop myself. I walk right over to Jake and hit him hard with my good hand. He falls to the ground, where he fucking belongs. I lean down towards him, close enough so that only he will hear me.

"Don't you ever go near my chocolate eyes again, you fucker!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Archive

© Grunge Theme Copyright by Light of the Morning | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks